General News of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comPolitical activist Frank Kwaku Appiah, popularly known as Appiah Stadium, has rendered an apology and reaction over the derogatory remarks he made against former President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo. Appiah Stadium also apologised to the supporters of the former president and all Ghanaians. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo supporters and all Ghanaians, forgive me for what I have said,” he added. Watch as Appiah Stadium takes on Asenso-Boakye over comments about MahamaWatch a video of his remarks below:Staunch NDC supporter, Appiah Stadium, has apologised to former President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo over insulting remarks he made during a tirade against the Member of Parliament for Bantama, Francis Asenso-Boakye. According to Appiah Stadium, his decision to apologise… pic.twitter.com/RvEHLFJsoQ — EDHUB🌍ℹ (@eddie_wrt) February 11, 2026BAI/AE
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 17:51 UTC
General News of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe troubles of Joseph Baatah, the man who was arrested at the 37 Military Hospital on Monday, February 9, 2026, for allegedly impersonating a military officer, have compounded. Following his arrest, former Minister of Defence, Dominic Nitiwul, stormed the place where he was being held to level more allegations against him. Dominic Nitiwul was captured in a viral video confronting the man for allegedly impersonating him for years. Fake soldier nabbed at 37 while heading to meet nurseWatch a video of the incident below:A man accused of impersonating former Defence Minister, Hon. Dominic Nitiwul, to allegedly defraud unsuspecting individuals has been apprehended.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 17:47 UTC
General News of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Narcotics Control Commission (NACOC) has announced plans to begin implementing a licensing regime for the cultivation of medicinal and industrial cannabis in Ghana. “NACOC wishes to inform the public that licenses will be granted only to qualified entities that meet stringent requirements,” the statement said. NACOC cracks down on drug trade in Budumburam, arrests multiple suspectsThe commission cautioned prospective applicants to deal directly and exclusively with NACOC through its Cannabis Regulations Department (CRD). NACOC also reiterated that the recreational use of cannabis remains illegal in Ghana. NACOC affirmed its commitment to safeguarding public health and safety while supporting lawful innovation and industrial development in the country.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 17:40 UTC
In a report by citinewsroom.com on February 10, 2026, lawyers of Nkansah confirmed that the operatives of the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) searched his residence. The search was triggered by comments he made during a radio discussion in which he alleged that some individuals paid money to secure scholarships to study abroad. Kofi Ofosu Nkansah had earlier been invited by the NIB to assist with investigations after President John Dramani Mahama directed the intelligence agency to probe the allegations. During the radio discussion, he alleged that payments were being made to secure government-funded scholarships through the Scholarship Secretariat. NPP's Nkansah arrested over GH¢100k scholarship-for-sale claimsSO/VPOOne of the prophets who accurately predicted Dr Mahamudu Bawumia's NPP flagbearer win had a sit down with GhanaWeb.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 16:41 UTC
The uprising caused significant upheaval within the military, resulting in the detention of several officers, both high-ranking and junior, by the Rawlings regime. Major General Sam also noted the discomfort they endured when it came to sleeping arrangements. However, those who came later, including Major General Sam, were forced to sleep on hard springs without any mattress. Despite the appalling conditions in detention, Major General Sam pointed out an interesting aspect of Nsawam Prison’s operations. The movement initially targeted military officers and government officials who were seen as responsible for the country's dire economic situation.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 16:31 UTC
In a statement issued by the caucus, the Minority said it had learnt “with displeasure” of what it termed another abusive display of power by state security agencies, particularly the NIB. The caucus however, stated that on February 9, 2026, while Ofosu Nkansah was in Kumasi attending to his critically ill father, he was again summoned by the NIB. Minority demands immediate release of Kofi Ofosu NkansahThe Minority alleged that when Ofosu Nkansah reported as directed, he was escorted by heavily armed NIB officers to his place of residence, where a search was conducted, after which he was taken back to the NIB office at Nima and later taken to an unknown location. The caucus expressed concern over what it described as excessive force and an infringement of Ofosu Nkansah’s rights, particularly given his earlier cooperation with investigators. As of the time the statement was issued, the Minority said Ofosu Nkansah’s whereabouts were unknown and raised concerns about his access to legal counsel.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 15:14 UTC
Sports News of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comTottenham Hotspur have dismissed their head coach, Thomas Frank, following a poor run of form in recent matches. "The Club has taken the decision to make a change in the Men’s Head Coach position and Thomas Frank will leave today. Throughout his time at the Club, Thomas has conducted himself with unwavering commitment, giving everything in his efforts to move the Club forward. Read the full statement from Spurs below:The Club has taken the decision to make a change in the Men’s Head Coach position and Thomas Frank will leave today. Throughout his time at the Club, Thomas has conducted himself with unwavering commitment, giving everything in his efforts to move the Club forward.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 15:06 UTC
Crime & Punishment of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Ghana Police Service has recovered a stolen vehicle and other items following an intelligence-led operation into a residential robbery incident. Police gun down suspect in Labone robberyThe police said through sustained intelligence gathering it identified the suspect. "The police located a suspect identified as Clement Kofi Aidoo, also known as Joseph Abequaye, Yaw, and Paddy," the statement noted. Police retrieved the stolen Toyota Hilux pick-up, the complainant’s phone, and several documents from the suspect," it said. The police said further investigations revealed that the suspect absconded with a Toyota Camry belonging to an officer in 2025.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 15:01 UTC
Sports News of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Communications Director of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Henry Asante Twum, has said that his outfit is aware of the high expectations Ghanaians have for the Black Stars ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup. Speaking in an interview with TV3, Asante Twum noted that the Black Stars’ technical team is aware of the expectations and is preparing accordingly to avoid making excuses. We have people who love football, and they don’t care about excuses. "We did it in 2006 as the only African team to make it to the second round. The Black Stars have been placed in Group L alongside England, Panama, and Croatia.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 14:51 UTC
“I just left the Supreme Court. The Court has just ordered the Attorney-General to disclose documents relating to the agreement entered into between Ghana and the US Government to deport West African nationals to Ghana. US Deportation Deal Case: State volunteers key document to Supreme Court“Yesterday, we notified the Supreme Court of our decision to voluntarily disclose an important document in the ‘Reception Case’. BackgroundThe government of Ghana was sued over its deal to receive West African deportees from the United States (US). 'React in two weeks' - Supreme Court orders AG in suit over US deportation to GhanaBAI/VPOOne of the prophets who accurately predicted Dr Mahamudu Bawumia's NPP flagbearer win had a sit down with GhanaWeb.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 14:16 UTC
Entertainment of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Government of Ghana, through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts has dedicated Wednesdays to the wearing of Fugu, also known as Batakari. Ghanaians at home and abroad are encouraged to wear Fugu in its various forms, designs and expressions, complemented by its distinctive accessories. “This initiative is intended to deepen national cultural awareness, affirm our identity and project Ghana's heritage with pride to the world,” the statement read. How President Mahama sparked calls for a 'National Fugu Day'According to the ministry, the move is expected to go beyond cultural symbolism by delivering significant social and economic benefits. The government believes the initiative will also help strengthen national unity, stimulate the creative economy and project Ghana’s cultural heritage to the global community with pride and confidence.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 13:51 UTC
Entertainment of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comAcclaimed Ghanaian gospel singer, Esther Smith, has revealed how a church charged her an amount she describes as absurd for using its premises. In an interview with Kobby Kyei, shared on social media, Esther Smith revealed that a church, whose name she declined to mention, charged her GH¢60,000 to use its auditorium for her December concert. Woman Crush Wednesday: Esther Smith, a Ghanaian gospel music icon"The church charged us GH¢60,000 for using the auditorium. Esther Smith noted that if the same church were to invite her to perform, she would equally charge them a high amount, adding that her colleagues should also demand fair payment when pastors invite them to minister. Esther further disclosed that another church she had previously donated to refused to rent out its auditorium for her concert simply because she was not a member.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 13:38 UTC
Business News of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comPresident John Dramani Mahama gave his appointees up to March 31, 2025, to declare their assets or face severe sanctions, including the possibility of removal from office. Article 286 of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana mandates public officeholders to complete and submit Asset Declaration forms to the Auditor-General’s Office upon assumption of office. Despite the President’s warning following the appointment of selected individuals to public office, a court document filed by Wilberforce Asare, a prominent journalist, indicates that some officials failed to comply. Declare your assets by July 15 - President Mahama directs MMDCEsIn his application invoking the supervisory powers of the Court against CHRAJ, the applicant deposed and attached a Right to Information (RTI) response from the Auditor-General’s Department. The response indicates that twelve Board Chairmen and two Chief Executive Officers of state corporations failed to declare their assets before assuming office.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 13:31 UTC
The GRA said such claims stem from a “fundamental misunderstanding” of how the revised VAT system functions. According to the GRA, when input VAT deductions are correctly applied, the new VAT regime should lead to lower, not higher, consumer prices. VAT threshold increaseThe GRA also addressed concerns about the increase in the VAT registration threshold to GH¢750,000, which some traders claim could distort competition. • Full input VAT deductibility, including NHIL and GETFund components. The team is tasked with providing guidance on VAT record-keeping, how to properly claim input VAT, and how to structure prices correctly under the new framework.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 13:04 UTC
Entertainment of Wednesday, 11 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comGeneral Overseer of the Anointed Palace Chapel, Rev Isaac Kwaku Antwi (Obofour), has addressed ongoing social media allegations of domestic abuse in his marriage to Queen Ciara. Recently, some individuals accused Rev Obofour of beating his wife to the point being hospitalised. Responding to the claims while preaching to his congregation, Rev Obofour strongly denied the allegations. 'I did not kill my eldest children' – Rev Obofour as he shows them off to congregationNarrating what actually happened, Rev Obofour explained that his wife, Queen Ciara, had an accident while cleaning their bathroom floor. Following the backlash, Rev Obofour apologised to the group identified as ‘Team Legal Wives’, clarifying that his commentts were taken out of context.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 11, 2026 13:04 UTC