Tabloid News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comSocial media influencer Ohemaa Dynamite has admitted to stealing and blackmailing a man whose identity she declined to disclose. He called me, threatening to post the video of me taking his money. "I still have the document I stole from him, so anytime I need money, I will call him and blackmail him. I have taken about GH¢40,000 from him after adding everything," she said. "I asked my lawyers if I would face any legal issues if the man reports me, and they told me nothing will happen," she added.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 17:47 UTC
The visit formed part of efforts to deepen cooperation between the two institutions, with a particular focus on agricultural investment. Discussions centered on opportunities to attract private sector investment into Ghana’s agricultural sector, with emphasis on boosting productivity, enhancing value addition, and supporting agribusiness development. He noted that partnerships with international investment bodies such as CWEIC could help mobilize resources to support Ghana’s development priorities. Cohen reaffirmed CWEIC’s commitment to facilitating investment across Commonwealth countries and expressed interest in supporting Ghana’s efforts to grow its agricultural economy through sustainable and impactful initiatives. The meeting concluded with both parties agreeing to explore practical steps towards strengthening collaboration in areas of mutual benefit, particularly within the agricultural sector.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 16:40 UTC
Business News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Minister of Energy, Dr John Jinapor, has sworn in the newly constituted Board of the VRA Resettlement Trust Fund, urging members to focus on the fundamental purpose for which the Trust was established. “The Trust exists to serve the very communities affected by VRA projects. I encourage the Board to ensure that the programmes and resources of the Trust address the critical needs of these communities,” he said. Dr Jinapor expressed confidence that the Board would uphold the mandate of the Trust and deliver tangible benefits to the communities it serves. The VRA Resettlement Trust Fund exists to improve the quality of life for 52 resettlement communities created during the construction of the Akosombo Dam.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 16:33 UTC
Business News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Minister of Finance, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson, has announced plans by the government to revive the Cocoa Processing Company (CPC) and position it as Ghana’s leading cocoa processor. “Reviving CPC is a strategic step to strengthen our cocoa value chain. Dr Forson added that the government envisions CPC not only as a processor but also as a benchmark for sustainable and competitive cocoa processing in Ghana. Ghana, the world’s second-largest cocoa producer, has historically exported most of its cocoa beans in raw form. Dr Forson stressed that the initiative would reduce raw cocoa exports, promote local processing, and ensure that Ghana derives maximum benefit from its cocoa resources.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 16:23 UTC
Sports News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comGhanaian footballer Thomas Partey has faced another setback in his efforts to clear his name over rape allegations, as additional charges have reportedly emerged. The fresh charges will be heard at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on March 3, 2026, giving the player a chance to respond to the charges and defend himself before the court will make a determination. The new charges relate to a separate report of “non-recent offences” alleged to have occurred in 2020, with the report lodged in August 2025. This specific report was submitted to the Metropolitan Police in August 2025, at a time when Partey had already been charged with five counts of rape. The hearing on March 3, 2026, will determine whether he continues to enjoy bail or faces a dramatic twist in his footballing career.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 16:07 UTC
Baba Jamal on his declaration by the party, and I wish him the very best as he leads our party into the March 3 by-election in Ayawaso East. I pray for strength and wisdom for him in the days ahead,” Hajia Amina Adam said. I call on all my supporters and every member of the NDC in Ayawaso East to rally behind our candidate. Long live Ayawaso East. Long live NDC.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 16:02 UTC
Sports News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comBlack Stars midfielder, Thomas Partey has denied all charges against him. Defence lawyer Jenny Wiltshire who spoke on behalf of Partey reacted to circulating reports suggesting additional counts have been brought against the midfielder by the Crown Prosecution Service. Jenny Wiltshire emphasised that her client continues to deny all allegations and is prepared to prove his innocence in court. “Thomas Partey continues to deny all charges against him. Partey previously reaffirmed his innocence during his arraignment in August 2025, with his representatives consistently stating that he has fully cooperated with the authorities throughout the process.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 16:02 UTC
Sports News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comManchester United co-owner, Sir Jim Ratcliffe has criticised the United Kingdom’s immigration system, drawing condemnation from Prime Minister Keir Starmer. He asserted that the country has been “colonised by immigrants” and needs to take steps to avert a future crisis. "The UK has been colonised by immigrants, really, hasn’t it? That’s 12 million people,” Sir Jim Ratcliffe told Sky News economics editor Ed Conway. Jim Ratcliffe should apologise,” he said.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 15:56 UTC
Showboy’s latest appearance follows his arrest in connection with alleged blackmail and defamatory conduct directed at entrepreneur and music executive Davido GH (David Mensah). The case stems from claims that Showboy threatened to release some sensitive information about Davido GH unless certain demands are met. Davido GH shares petition letter to CID amid Showboy’s attempted arrestBackgroundThe situation escalated sometime in January 2026, when CID officers attempted to arrest Showboy at his residence, an encounter that widely circulated online. In videos from the standoff, Showboy questioned the legality of the arrest and demanded to see a warrant before complying. He was eventually arrested on February 4 and taken before the court, which ordered a psychiatric evaluation.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 15:41 UTC
Business News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Bank of Ghana (BoG) has introduced a new set of guidelines to govern its foreign exchange interventions in a bid to manage market volatility toward a targeted exchange rate band. Forex volatility refers to how much and how quickly a currency’s value changes compared to another currency over time. The BoG explained that the rule-based system would allow the exchange rate to remain market-driven while limiting excessive short-term volatility. The BoG said it shall announce an FX intervention auction when conditions fall within the defined intervention region. “The FX intervention shall be announced either on the same day or one day in advance, depending on the timing of the decision.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 15:37 UTC
Business News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Minister of Finance, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson, is set to provide details in a national address on sweeping reforms in Ghana’s cocoa sector. The announcement follows Cabinet’s decision to introduce reforms in the sector after mounting pressure over delayed payments to farmers and the deepening financial strain at the Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD). The move comes after an emergency Cabinet meeting convened on February 11, 2026, to address what cocoa sector stakeholders have described as a growing crisis in the industry. The anticipated reforms are expected to include financial restructuring, improved transparency and accountability measures, and safeguards aimed at protecting farmer incomes. The government hopes these measures will stabilise the cocoa industry and preserve Ghana’s standing as one of the world’s leading cocoa producers.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 15:37 UTC
“The challenges being witnessed in the cocoa industry need urgent attention. Government must be up and doing with lasting solutions,” he stated. This accounts for the recent agitation by cocoa farmers who are waiting to be paid for bags of cocoa sold to the government. “If cocoa farmers continue to agitate over government’s inability to pay them on time, the consequential effects will be dire,” he pointed out. “Several cocoa farmers have threatened to sell their cocoa farms to galamsey operators if the current challenges are not addressed.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 15:07 UTC
According to Dzifa Gunu, Ofosu Nkansah submitted WhatsApp chats to the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) in relation to the allegations. In a post shared on Facebook on February 11, 2026, he disclosed that NIB operatives subsequently searched Nkansah's residence and retrieved scholarship-related documents addressed to universities in the United Kingdom. The documents allegedly included “Affidavit of Financial Support with Dependents” forms, all said to have been signed by the former Registrar of the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat and now Member of Parliament for Abuakwa South, Dr Kingsley Agyeman. Below are details of the documents retrieved, as stated by the CEO of GDCL:Five (5) scholarship award letters and one (1) “No Objection” letter on Ghana Scholarship Secretariat (GSS) letterhead, signed by the former Registrar, Dr Kingsley Agyeman, and addressed to various universities in the UK. Three of the award letters were dated November 26, 2024; one was dated October 8, 2024; and another was dated December 17, 2024.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 14:33 UTC
General News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Minister of Education, Haruna Iddrisu, and the Deputy Minister of Communications and Digital Technology, Mohammed Adams Sukparu, are in stable condition following a road accident on the Bolgatanga-Tumu Road on Thursday, February 12, 2026. In a statement issued the same day, Hashmin Mohammed, Press Secretary to the Education Minister, said the incident occurred while the two ministers were travelling to the Upper West Region for official engagements. 12 critically injured in Gomoa Amenfi accident“The Ministers and their respective teams were en route to official engagements to commemorate the 40th Anniversary celebrations of Tumu College of Education and Jahan College of Education in the Upper West Region when the incident occurred. All members of the convoy are currently in stable condition and receiving the necessary medical attention,” the statement noted. 7 tragic accidents leave 14 dead across Ghana in first 15 days of January 2026See the full statement below:JKB/MANACOC breaks silence on alleged senior manager behind cocaine bust at the airport
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 13:45 UTC
Sports News of Thursday, 12 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comBlack Stars midfielder, Thomas Partey has been charged with two new counts of rape following his appearance before the Crown Prosecution Service on February 12, 2026. According to Daily Mail, the two additional charges refer to a separate report of non-recent offences in 2020 and a new probe being handled by the Metropolitan Police. A spokesperson for the Crown Prosecution Service explained that the fresh charges are separate from the existing five counts of rape. Partey is set to appear in court on March 13, 2026, for a hearing to respond to them. "These new charges relate to a separate report of non-recent offences in 2020 involving one additional woman and follow a new investigation by the Metropolitan Police.
Source:GhanaWeb
February 12, 2026 12:53 UTC