Egypt may enact total curfew if required: Presidential advisor

A man wearing a protective face mask, amid concerns over the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) buys traditional Ramadan lanterns, called "Fanous" which are displayed for sale at a stall, ahead of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in Cairo, Egypt, April 12, 20كلمة الرئيس السيسي حول جهود الدولة ومؤسستها ودورالمواطنين فى مكافحة فيروس كورونا المستجد كلمة الرئيس السيسي حول جهود الدولة ومؤسستها ودورالمواطنين فى مكافحة فيروس كورونا المستجد لمشاهدة المزيد: https://bit.ly/2x2Oej7 اشترك في قناة الرسمية: http:/...CAIRO – 11 May 2020: The state may have to take tougher measures to face the increase in coronavirus cases, including enacting a total curfew, Egyptian President’s Health Affairs Advisor Mohamed Tag El-Din said on Sunday evening.The government is reviewing all relevant procedures in order to protect people and economy, he told Hadrat Al-Mowaten program on Al-Hadath Al-Youm channel.Tag El-Din called on citizens to avoid large gatherings and follow the preventive procedures announced by the government. He warning people of the fact that coronavirus is very infectious, saying this is the reason behind the surge in number of cases during the last few days.The number of cases will likely rise, Tag El-Din added.He said earlier that around a million people who came in contact with coronavirus positive patients are being tested, noting that the capital Cairo and Alexandria have the largest number of cases in the country, due to large gatherings.The Health Ministry on Sunday said 436 people in Egypt tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) recently and 11 people died with the novel virus.This brings the total number of cases and deaths to 9,400 and 525 deaths respectively since the crisis started, according to the official figures.The test results of 2,556 people of the reported cases turned from positive to negative, including 2,075 people who fully recovered.Also, 73 cases left hospital after they recovered, according to the instructions of the World Health Organization (WHO).As Egypt saw a surge in the number of the coronavirus cases, Health Minister Hala Zayed on Saturday said the state authorities have responded to the coronavirus crisis and made all efforts to curb its spread, blaming the surge on the behavior of many citizens.Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi late in April urged the medical staff to commit more to the preventive measures and the sterilization process amid the crisis, and paid tribute to the efforts of the medical sector.As the president attended the opening of a number of national projects east of the Suez Canal, he also urged Egyptians to stick to the preventive measures against coronavirus in order to avoid tougher scenarios.“If we have achieved success during the past period, we don’t want to lose what we have done during the next few weeks,” Sisi said, referring to the efforts to limit the spread of novel virus.He also urged the citizens to maintain social distancing and avoid large gatherings, warning that the state may have to take tougher measures in case the coronavirus crisis developed.The world and Egypt are facing an "invisible enemy," Sisi said, adding that Egyptian people should be proud of those who are working to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the country.

Source:Egypt Today

May 11, 2020 10:30 UTC


Egyptian Village of Shanshur on lockdown due to COVID-19

Chain with padlock on a building door with LOCKDOWN text- CC via Flickr/Ivan RadicCAIRO - 10 May 2020: Security forces were heavily deployed in Shanshur Village of Menoufia governorate after being placed on lockdown due to the outbreak of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.It has been reported that 15 people tested positive for the virus in the village, where a 24-hour curfew was imposed by a decision from Governor Ibrahim Ahmed Abu Leimoun on Saturday.All shops in the village were closed except for groceries, pharmacies, and butcher shops.In mid-April, a 14-day lockdown was placed on the Egyptian village of Al-Agami, where 500 families were quarantined after six villagers tested positive for the COVID-19 in Biyala city of Kafr El-Sheikh governorate, Egypt’s Delta.Previously, three Egyptian villages were quarantined after a number of local residents tested positive for the virus. On April 14, Saft Trab village near Al-Mahala Al-Kubra City at Gharbeya governorate was quarantined for two weeks after 18 infections were recorded.On April 7, Moatamadeya village in Giza governorate was quarantined after nine infections had been identified.On April 1, El-Hayatem Village in Gharbiya governorate was quarantined after eight cases tested positive to Covid-19, including a worker who contacted more than 100 persons in the village.As yet, the number of the COVID-19 cases in Egypt reached 8,964 patients, including 2002 recovered cases, while the mortality rate rose to 514, according to the official data of the Egyptian Ministry of Health.

Source:Egypt Today

May 10, 2020 15:33 UTC


Egypt traces 1 million coronavirus contacts: presidential advisor

FILE - Men wearing protective face masks walk in downtown Cairo, amidst concerns about the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Egypt, May 2, 2020. REUTERS/Mohamed Abd El GhanyEgyptian state works on avoiding increase in coronavirus cases: presidential advisor CAIRO - 8 May 2020: The number of coronavirus cases in Egypt is high but does not constitute a high risk as the curve grows "horizontally," said Mohamed Tag El-Deen, the president's advisor to the health affairs, meaning that the number increases gradually. كلمة الرئيس السيسي حول جهود الدولة ومؤسستها ودورالمواطنين فى مكافحة فيروس كورونا المستجد كلمة الرئيس السيسي حول جهود الدولة ومؤسستها ودورالمواطنين فى مكافحة فيروس كورونا المستجد لمشاهدة المزيد: https://bit.ly/2x2Oej7 اشترك في قناة الرسمية: http:/...CAIRO – 10 May 2020: Around a million people who came in contact with coronavirus positive patients are being tested, a presidential advisor said on Saturday, affirming that infected people are quarantined to avoid them from infecting others who can show severe symptoms, especially those who suffer from chronic diseases.This comes as Egypt saw a surge in the daily number of coronavirus cases over the past two days, reporting a total of 8,964 cases and 514 deaths since the crisis started, according to the latest figures announced on Saturday.In a telephone interview with Iman Al-Hossari on dmc channel, Presidential Advisor for Health Affairs Mohamed Tag El-Din urged citizens to stick to the preventive measures in order to avoid any increase in coronavirus cases during the coming period, noting that the capital Cairo and Alexandria have the largest number of cases in the country, due to large gatherings.One million tests have been conducted so far, including 100,000 PCR tests, a tool that detects a virus's genetic material, Tag El-Deen said in another interview with Al-Qahera Al-Aan on Al-Hadath. "As long as the figures increase, it means that there is a real expected increase, people are starting to go for testing and that the Ministry of Health has started to trace contacts,” he stated.“As long as the method of detection improves, this means that we are on the right track.”“We expect this increase,” he said. “When we reach a fixed number within several days, the numbers will start to decrease and we will know that we passed the peak of the crisis.”Concerning hospitals amid the increasing number of cases, Tag El-Din said quarantine hospitals are not yet full and there are hospitals that have not been used yet.The Health Ministry on Saturday said 488 people in Egypt tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) recently and 11 people died with the novel virus.The test results of 2,476 people of the reported cases turned from positive to negative, including 2,002 people who fully recovered.Also, 57 cases, all of them Egyptians, left hospital after they recovered, according to the instructions of the World Health Organization (WHO).Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi late in April urged the medical staff to commit more to the preventive measures and the sterilization process amid the crisis, and paid tribute to the efforts of the medical sector.As the president attended the opening of a number of national projects east of the Suez Canal, he also urged Egyptians to stick to the preventive measures against coronavirus in order to avoid tougher scenarios.“If we have achieved success during the past period, we don’t want to lose what we have done during the next few weeks,” Sisi said, referring to the efforts to limit the spread of novel virus.He also urged the citizens to maintain social distancing and avoid large gatherings, warning that the state may have to take tougher measures in case the coronavirus crisis developed.The world and Egypt are facing an "invisible enemy," Sisi said, adding that Egyptian people should be proud of those who are working to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the country.

Source:Egypt Today

May 10, 2020 14:37 UTC


Libyan interim government announces death of General Intelligence chief

FILE PHOTO: A Libyan man waves a Libyan flag during a demonstration to demand an end to the Khalifa Haftar's offensive against Tripoli, in Martyrs' Square in central Tripoli, Libya April 26, 2019. The authority alleged the Ministry of Interior affiliated to the GNA of standing behind the crime.The authority explained that the abduction is an attempt to impede the administration's audit of the ministry's transactions demanding his immediate release without conditions.In January, the LNA and Libyan tribes announced the closure of oil fields and ports as the revenues had been used by the GNA to pay militants.The Tripoli-based GNA, which lost Sirte to the LNA in January 2020, is an interim non-elected government that is recognized by the United Nations. The GNA is protected by militias, and signed in December 2019 two MoUs with Turkey on defense and gas drilling in the Mediterranean.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) revealed in May that the number of Syrian mercenaries who were transported from Syria to Libya is 7,850 while that of militants who still receive training in Turkey is 3,000. The death toll of Syrian mercenaries in the North African state is 250.On May 6, the LNA announced the launch of "Ababil Birds" operation. In January, the LNA said it lied 100 kilometers from Misrata's center.A Libyan military source told Youm7 that the LNA downed in April around 60 drones that were granted by Turkey to the GNA militias in order to impede the advances of the Libyan Armed Forces towards Tripoli.

Source:Egypt Today

May 10, 2020 14:03 UTC


Coronavirus: 35 medical personnel in Cairo hospital test positive

FILE – A medical staff of general practitioners walk to their coronavirus disease test center at Berlin’s Reinickendorf district, Germany, March 23, 2020 – ReutersSisi orders providing needed medical supplies for quarantine hospitals CAIRO - 28 April 2020: Egypt's president Abdel Fattah al Sisi ordered Tuesday, providing all needed medical supplies to the quarantine and isolation hospitals all over the country. According to presidency spokesperson Bassam Rady, Sisi followed up with latest updates regarding workflow inside of the isolation hospitals, during a video conference meeting with number of the hospital's directors. CAIRO – 10 May 2020: As 50 medical personnel at a hospital in the capital Cairo were tested for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), 35 were found to be positive, an official at the Egyptian Medical Syndicate said late on Saturday.This comes as Egypt saw a surge in the daily number of coronavirus cases over the past two days, reporting a total of 8,964 cases and 514 deaths since the crisis started, according to the latest figures announced on Saturday.“The medical team, the real heroes, are still paying the price,” Ibrahim Al-Zayat, who also served as the head of the Dakahlia Medical Syndicate, said in a Facebook post, referring to Al-Zahraa Hospital that belongs to Al-Azhar University, the country’s first oldest degree-granting university.The infected staff included “leading” figures at the University of Al-Azhar and the hospital, including the dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the girls’ sector at the university, as well as 17 male and female doctors, Zayat said in press remarks.They were quarantined at Al-Azhar University Specialized Hospital, he noted.Mahmoud Seddik, deputy head of the university said Al-Zahraa Hospital has so far 38 coronavirus cases, noting that the number of people who were tested on Saturday is 74. Also, 100 contacts will be tested.In an interview with Ala Mas’oliety program on Sada Al-Balad channel, Seddik suggested that the source of infection is an employee at the hospital’s kitchen or his wife who is working at the administrative building of the hospital.Sterilization process will take place in coordination with the hospitals belonging to the university.The Egyptian Medical Syndicate does not have accurate figures for doctors who have been found to be positive, but according to the latest figures obtained from the syndicate’s branches nationwide, 90 doctors were infected, said Ihab Taher, secretary-general of the Doctors' Syndicate.The World Health Organization said in a report on April 13 that the infected medical staff represent 13 percent of the total cases in Egypt, Taher added.The Health Ministry on Saturday said 488 people in Egypt tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) recently and 11 people died with the novel virus.The test results of 2,476 people of the reported cases turned from positive to negative, including 2,002 people who fully recovered.Also, 57 cases, all of them Egyptians, left hospital after they recovered, according to the instructions of the World Health Organization (WHO).

Source:Egypt Today

May 10, 2020 10:52 UTC


Tags
Finance      African Press Release      Lifestyle       Hiring       Health-care       Online test prep Corona       Crypto      Vpn     
  

Loading...