The concert’s flyer - via Mounir’s official Instagramالكينج محمد منير يوم الجمعة ٢٩ مايو الساعة ١٠مساءً لايف علي قناة #وي في يوتيوب #WEOnlineMusicFestival The King Mohamed Mounir Friday 29/5 at 10:00 PM Live streaming from WE Youtube Channel. Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world. CAIRO - 28 May 2020: Famed singer Mohammed Mounir will perform an online concert, set to be broadcast via YouTube, on May 29 at 10 p.m.Recently, Mounir has undergone an orthopedic surgery, which was very successful. He thanked all the doctors and nursing staff for their great efforts and professionalism that enabled him to have a quick recovery, and return to his full fitness.The famed star confirmed that he is currently at his home and conducting physiotherapy sessions under the supervision of the German Jennifer Rayman.Mounir revealed that he asked not to publish any news about his illness while he was at the hospital in order not to overburden friends and loved ones, especially amid calls for social-distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
May 28, 2020 12:22 UTC
FILE – President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi – ReutersCAIRO – 28 May 2020: Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El Sisi on Thursday has warned against attempts by “lurking enemies of the homeland” to question the state’s efforts and accomplishments in the face of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).In a Facebook post, Sisi said that such attempts are taking place while the Egyptian government and people are exerting efforts to face the pandemic, continue implementing development plans, and preserving economic stability in light of these hard circumstances.He has reaffirmed his trust in the Egyptian people, who always show “toughness” and ability to face and combat such hostile “campaigns.”“We stand together in an important moment in the age of the homeland to face the coronavirus pandemic,” Sisi said, adding that this battle requires “everyone to continue cooperation and solidarity, to pass this ordeal in peace and to preserve the success we have achieved in different fields.”Sisi last week said the coronavirus crisis in Egypt is managed in a scientific and professional way, affirming that the current number of reported cases is still within the normal range.The Egyptian state has focused on refuting rumors and urging citizens to take information only from official and credible sources. Also, those who intentionally spread rumors about the novel coronavirus can face a five-year imprisonment sentence, the public prosecution said late in March.In a press statement, the prosecution said that legal action will be taken in conformity with articles no. (80), (102) and (188) of the criminal law.The Egyptian Health Ministry in its daily briefing on Wednesday said 910 people have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) in Egypt over the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 19,666.The ministry also reported 19 deaths due to the novel virus, upping the total number to 816.Also, the test results of 5,798 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,205 people who totally recovered. It added that 178 patients left hospitals.
May 28, 2020 11:15 UTC
General view of match balls on the pitch before the match. Action Images via Reuters/Matthew ChildsCAIRO – 28 May 2020: Premier League clubs take another step towards the resumption of Premier League matches as they voted unanimously to move to phase two of "Project Restart".The Premier League statement said, "Stage Two of the Return to Training protocol has been agreed following consultation with clubs, players, managers, the PFA, LMA and the Government. "Premier League clubs returned to training sessions last week after two months of training at home amid the spread of coronavirus. "Squads are now able to train as a group and engage in tackling while minimizing any unnecessary close contact. The Premier League’s priority is the health and wellbeing of all participants.” Premier League statement continued.The players and staff are urged to adhere to the precautionary measures and they will continue to be tested twice a week.The Premier League games are expected to return to action next June.
May 28, 2020 10:52 UTC
Undergoing preventive measures, his temperature was found to be higher than normal, the statement said.Saeed was then transferred to the Abbasia Fever Hospital, placed in the intensive care unit and was found to be positive to coronavirus. His health condition has deteriorated until he passed away this afternoon, according to the statement.Journalist Mahmoud Riad Abujabal, the head of Sports desk at EL Khamis online portal, died from coronavirus late in April. He is the first journalist of the Syndicate’s members to die of the virus in Egypt. Three weeks ago, he and his family tested positive for the novel virus and were quarantined in al-Agoza hospital, in Giza.The Egyptian Health Ministry in its daily briefing on Wednesday said 910 people have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) in Egypt over the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 19,666.The ministry also reported 19 deaths due to the novel virus, upping the total number to 816.Also, the test results of 5,798 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,205 people who totally recovered. It added that 178 patients left hospitals.
May 28, 2020 10:41 UTC
Egypt’s Consumer Protection Agency, in coordination with Egypt’s Minister of Trade and Industry Nevin Gamea, suspended a television and social media advertisement for cotton face masks made by Egyptian textile company Cottonil. 181 of 2018 and standard specifications for advertising requirements regarding goods and services, regulation No. On May 24, Gamea announced that factories in Egypt can now submit requests to obtain approval to produce fabric face masks through the Industrial Development Authority (IDA). The IDA will look over the requests so that work can soon roll out to begin manufacturing these masks in order to meet the local market’s demand, she added. Precautionary measures to coexist with the coronavirus will remain in place even after life returns to normal, he added, the most important of which is wearing face masks in public.
May 28, 2020 09:56 UTC
The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations set to be held in Cameroon could be postponed to 2022 due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to reports. "There is almost no chance for the African Cup of Nations 2021 to be held next January," Monte Carlo was quoted via egypttoday.com. The source added that there was another option of postponing the AFCON tournament for a likelihood of 18 months to prevent clash with the 2022 World Cup. "It’s also possible to make it in the summer of 2022, because the World Cup will take place in November 2022. But we have to study this idea very well so as not to destabilize the African teams participating in the World Cup," the source added.
May 28, 2020 09:33 UTC
Soccer Football - Serie A - Inter Milan v SPAL - San Siro, Milan, Italy - December 1, 2019 Inter Milan's Lautaro Martinez celebrates scoring their first goal REUTERS/Alberto LingriaCAIRO_28 May 2020: Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio reveals that the club will only allow their promising striker, Lautaro Martinez, to leave if his release clause is met. "As far as Martinez is concerned, there is only one way that he will leave Inter and that is by paying his clause," Ausilio said on Thursday.The clubs interested in signing the Argentinan striker have to pay his release clause of $121million, which will expire on 15 July.Ausilio added ""It is a clause that expires in the early part of July so it won't last for a long time. And it is the only possibility that exists to take Lautaro away from Inter today. "Lautaro has been linked with a move to Barcelona after he proved his abilities as one of the promising talents during his first two years in Europe.Lautaro joined Inter Milan in 2018 summer from his Argentinean childhood club Racing Club and since then he established himself as the team's starting striker.
May 27, 2020 22:30 UTC
An Egyptian man fled from an isolation hospital in al-Delingat city in Egypt’s Beheira Governorate after testing positive for coronavirus. Head of al-Delingat’s local council Kamel Ghattas said that the man escaped from Kafr al-Dawar Hospital after it was found that he had contracted the novel coronavirus. “His family turned him in to the police, and the man has been taken back to the hospital,” Ghattas said. Egypt on Tuesday confirmed 789 new coronavirus cases, bringing the country’s number of confirmed total cases so far to 18,756. The total number of COVID-19 deaths has now reached 797 nationwide, after announcing 14 deaths.
May 27, 2020 15:11 UTC
The price of gold in the Egyptian market dropped on Wednesday by about LE six per gram compared to Tuesday’s prices. The price of 21-karat gold (the most popular grade in the local market) stood at LE756 per gram on Wednesday, compared to LE762 on Tuesday. Tuesday’s prices were: LE762 for 21-karat gold, LE653 for 18k gold, LE871 for 24k gold to LE861. This comes in light of the decrease in global gold prices of about US$20 per ounce in today’s tradings. The price of 21-karat gold in the local market has increased by more than LE50 since Egypt announced its first coronavirus case in February.
May 27, 2020 14:48 UTC
EgyptAir flight- CC via WikimediaCAIRO – 27 May 2020: The Cairo International Airport has received an exceptional flight carrying 160 Egyptians from the United Arab Emirates, as part of Egypt’s plan to repatriate all stranded Egyptians abroad over the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.The expatriated arrivals have been tested for coronavirus and were moved to be quarantined for seven days.Since the coronavirus crisis started, EgyptAir, the Egyptian flag carrier, has operated many exceptional flights to several countries, including the US, UK, Maldives, Kuwait, South Sudan and Kenya, to bring back stranded Egyptians abroad.On April 22nd, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi noted that around 3,500 Egyptians are stranded abroad over coronavirus, affirming that authorities are committed to bringing them back despite "hard circumstances".This comes while Egypt has witnessed a major rise in coronavirus cases during the past period. Assistant Health Minister Mohamed Fawzy said the next period will see a peak of coronavirus infections in Egypt.However, he said the quarantine hospitals nationwide still have vacant places for new cases and that the medical and preventive requirements are available in large quantities.The Health Ministry said in its daily briefing on Tuesday that 789 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Egypt recently, bringing the total number of cases to 18,756.The ministry also reported 14 deaths due to the novel virus, bringing the total number to 797.Also, the test results of 5,606 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,027 people who totally recovered. It added that 127 patients left hospitals.
May 27, 2020 14:37 UTC
FILE - A man walks past the closed al-Azhar Mosque in Cairo which has been closed along with other places of worship to stop the spread of coronavirus in Egypt – ReutersCAIRO – 27 May 2020: The next period will see a peak of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in Egypt, an assistant health minister said, denying any shortage in ventilators or intensive care beds.Egypt still uses the malaria drug, chloroquine, in treating coronavirus patients, according to a health protocol nationwide supervised by a scientific committee, Mohamed Fawzy told dmc channel. This comes although the World Health Organization in May announced dropping hydroxychloroquine, a derivative of chloroquine, from its experimental coronavirus treatments due to safety concerns.Fawzy said the quarantine hospitals nationwide still have vacant places for new cases and that the medical and preventive requirements are available in large quantities.The Egyptian state has adopted a new strategy to face the novel coronavirus, including involving 320 hospitals to test the coronavirus (COVID-19) suspected cases, which allows citizens to head to the nearest hospital in case they showed any symptoms, the Cabinet’s spokesman said earlier.Suspected cases will be screened by simple tests like complete blood counts (CBC) and chest X-ray, Saad said, then they will be asked to self-isolate at home in case they do not show symptoms, or will be tested for coronavirus in case they develop severe symptoms.Saad denied any shortage in ventilators, saying that Egypt has 4,000 ventilators while only less than 50 patients currently need them and about 250 patients are in the intensive care units.Fawzy’s remarks about a peak in coronavirus infections echo the higher education minister’s statements that Egypt will expectedly record 20,000 coronavirus cases by the end of May and that rise will continue throughout the first week of June.Minister Khaled Abdel Ghaffar, however, suggests that the number of cases will likely start to become lower starting June 7th, and can decrease to reach zero after July 17th, after reaching around 37,000 cases.The Health Ministry said in its daily briefing on Tuesday that 789 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Egypt recently, bringing the total number of cases to 18,756.The ministry also reported 14 deaths due to the novel virus, bringing the total number to 797.Also, the test results of 5,606 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,027 people who totally recovered. It added that 127 patients left hospitals.
May 27, 2020 14:37 UTC
Female life expectancy in Egypt increased to 75.5 years in 2019, compared to 74.7 years in 2018, according to a report released on Wednesday by Egypt’s Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMS). The female mortality rate due to diseases of the circulatory system increased, however, to 53.4 percent of total deaths in 2018 from 50.6 percent in 2017. The female mortality rate due to gastrointestinal diseases decreased to 7.3 percent of total deaths in 2018, compared to 8.9 percent in 2018. The percentage of female deaths due to tumors did not change between 2017 and 2018, remaining at 6.4 percent. The female mortality rate due to complications during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum remained at 0.1 percent, unchanged from 2017 to 2018.
May 27, 2020 12:45 UTC
One result was the assignment of the three countries’ water ministers to make arrangements for the resumption of negotiations on the GERD as soon as possible. Negotiations were suspended in February after Ethiopia refused to sign a draft agreement prepared by the United States and the World Bank. Sudan on May 12 rejected Ethiopia’s proposal to sign a partial agreement to start filling the reservoir of the dam in July. Egypt took part in the latest GERD meeting in Washington on February 27 and 28, which produced a final agreement regarding filling and operating the GERD. Ethiopia has also warned that it would begin filling the dam in July without signing an agreement.
May 27, 2020 11:50 UTC
Face masks- CC via pixnioCAIRO – 27 May 2020: Some government agencies will begin on Saturday implementing the decision of Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli regarding the precautionary and preventive measures to address the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, which will continue for 15 days.The prime minister’s decree obliged workers and visitors of all markets, shops, government installations, private institutions, banks and all mass transportation, whether public or private,to wear protective masks until further notice.Whoever violates these decisions shall be punished with a fine not exceeding LE 4,000, or a penalty of detention.A source in the Railways Authority confirmed that the prime minister's decision on wearing masks will be made compulsorily and individual trains will only enter after wearing them.Private and public transportation will resume on Saturday, May 30, and for 15 days from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m.
May 27, 2020 10:52 UTC
FILE PHOTO: A health worker fills a syringe with Ebola vaccine before injecting it to a patient, in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo, August 5, 2019. REUTERS/Baz Ratner/File PhotoCAIRO – 27 May 2020: After the controversy over the failure to provide medical care to medical staff in hospitals, Minister of Health Hala Zayed clarified in an official statement the ministry's support to the medical staff since the beginning of the outbreak of the coronavirus in the country.The ministry’s statement reviewed information on the medical care provided for doctors, including medical supplies and tests, as well as previous decisions taken by the ministry as per the presidential directives since the beginning of the crisis.In the below lines, Egypt Today provides information on this support:• The ministry allocated a floor of each isolation hospital with a capacity of 20 beds to treat the infected medical personnel.• So far, the number of coronavirus infections among medical teams has reached 291 and 11 deaths.• All those infected with coronavirus receive the necessary treatment in isolation hospitals.• Medical tests are performed for all hospital crews before the start and after the end of working hours, and also during the 14-day holidays.• 219,875 medical tests have been performed so far with rapid detector devices and over 3,000 tests with PCR devices.• A medical examination is carried out immediately for those who show symptoms of the disease while performing their work.• The ministry has also provided 247,000 N95 masks,73,000 masks with high efficiency and 5.5 million medical masks.• Additionally, the ministry provided 33,000 medical gloves, 331,000 sterile gloves, and 4,700 protective glasses.• The ministry has provided 147,000 sterile clothing sets and 228,000 medical suits.• The statement stressed the availability of adequate stocks of preventive supplies in hospitals and the availability of a medical team for psychological support for doctors in isolation hospitals.• During the statement, the minister thanked the medical staff for showing up for the sick in the face of the coronavirus.
May 27, 2020 10:52 UTC