MACAU: Macau said on Tuesday (Feb 4) it will temporarily close all casinos and many other entertainment venues as the gambling hub battles the coronavirus epidemic, cutting off the lifeblood of the city's economy. "This is a difficult decision, but we have to do it for the health of our Macau residents," he told reporters. All 41 casinos as well as cinemas, theatres, bars, internet cafes and nightclubs would shut from midnight Tuesday, he said. The only other time Macau has closed its casinos was in 2018, when the city was hit directly by a typhoon. Ho had previously said he was willing to close casinos because of the virus outbreak and establishments have been monitoring the temperatures of punters walking through their doors in recent days.
Source: The Star February 04, 2020 11:26 UTC