Libyan forces 're-take Sirte port from IS militants' - News Summed Up

Libyan forces 're-take Sirte port from IS militants'


Libyan forces say they have re-taken control of the port in the city of Sirte, after fierce fighting against militants from so-called Islamic State. Earlier this week warplanes bombed IS positions in Sirte while naval forces fired missiles into the port, officials said. Forces loyal to the government targeted the conference centre with heavy artillery fire, backed by warplanes. The forces, aligned to the UN-backed unity government in Tripoli, began the battle to re-take the city last month. Their spokesman, General Muhammad al-Ghusri, said senior IS leaders had fled into the desert to the south, but that many militants were still under siege in the city centre.


Source: The Star June 11, 2016 06:11 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */