India's shooting down of satellite created 400 pieces of debris, put ISS at risk: NASA - News Summed Up

India's shooting down of satellite created 400 pieces of debris, put ISS at risk: NASA


"That is a terrible, terrible thing to create an event that sends debris and an apogee that goes above the international space station. "Some 60 pieces of orbital debris have been tracked so far, 24 out of which poses risk to the ISS," he said.Soon after the ASAT test, India said it was done in the lower atmosphere to ensure that there is no space debris . "Whatever debris that is generated will decay and fall back onto the earth within weeks. "All of those are placed at risk when these kinds of events happen," Bridenstine said as he feared India's ASAT test could risk proliferation of such activities by other countries. "The International Space Station is still safe.


Source: Economic Times April 02, 2019 04:30 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */