Couple celebrates by tying the knot this Valentine’s DayKULAI: Char kuay teow, as it turns out, is the way to a woman’s heart. “I was honestly impressed by how tasty his char kuay teow is. “When I found out he sells char kuay teow, it made me even more curious. For another couple, Ng Boon Long, 33, and Chong Ting Huan, 35, their love story began on the badminton court. Association president Datuk Tan Ek Seng said Valentine’s Day remained one of the most popular dates for couples to register their marriages.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 03:13 UTC
KUALA LUMPUR: Bersatu has lodged reports with the police, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and Meta following the alleged unauthorised takeover of its official Facebook page on Thursday (Feb 12) afternoon. Party information chief Datuk Tun Faisal Ismail Aziz said the reports were made to ensure immediate action is taken by the authorities. He said several administrators were removed from the page following the hijacking, after which a series of posts attacking the party and its leadership were published. “The content uploaded is unauthorised, does not represent the party’s official stance and was posted without the consent of Bersatu leadership,” he said in a statement on his Facebook page on Saturday (Feb 14). “Bersatu is taking all necessary steps to regain full control of its official page and to strengthen the party’s digital security,” he added.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 03:05 UTC
The roll-out of the BWC began in October 2024 with 7,648 body cameras deployed to all state police contingent and formations. Now, all state police contingents are equipped with the device,” Comm Mohd Yusri said. Prior to this, the wearing of the body cameras in lock-ups was enforced on Aug 22 last year. Comm Mohd Yusri said that Selangor received the largest number of BWCs with 1,328 units distributed, followed by Perak (968) and Johor (952). He said that the police force are hoping to receive an additional 10,000 body cameras under the 13th Malaysia Plan.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 02:55 UTC
Wong Chun Wai began his career as a journalist in Penang, and has served The Star for over 35 years in various capacities and roles. He is now group editorial and corporate affairs adviser to the group, after having served as group managing director/chief executive officer. On The Beat made its debut on Feb 23 1997 and Chun Wai has penned the column weekly without a break, except for the occasional press holiday when the paper was not published. In May 2011, a compilation of selected articles of On The Beat was published as a book and launched in conjunction with his 50th birthday. Chun Wai also comments on current issues in The Star.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 02:34 UTC
GEORGE TOWN: Love exists between friends, bringing them closer than any brotherly or sisterly bond ever can. And for elderly folk sharing a home for senior citizens, that bond can be stronger than anything a Valentine’s Day can bring. “This place was foreign to me and I was scared but meeting Ang made it feel like home,” she said. We are all ageing.”She said when she gets up, she usually looks for Goh to have breakfast together. But as they are vegetarian dishes, we reserve our outings for special non-vegetarian meals,” said Goh.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 02:34 UTC
MyNIISe speeds up immigration clearance at Penang airportGEORGE TOWN: Expecting long queues, Ray and Sandy Owens from Australia budgeted an hour to clear immigration at the Penang International Airport. Instead, they were through in about 10 minutes using the National Integrated Immigration System (MyNIISe) and ended up idling at the airport while waiting for Ray’s brother to drive in from Batu Ferringhi. Ray, 53, said his brother would usually leave home only after the plane landed because immigration clearance often took time. He said MyNIISe would shorten waiting times for arrivals and departures. MCA vice-president Datuk Tan Teik Cheng said recurring complaints over immigration clearance must be addressed.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 02:34 UTC
KUALA TERENGGANU: A 35-year-old businessman lost RM100,900 after being duped by an online share investment scam syndicate that lured him with promises of high returns. Kuala Terengganu OCPD Asst Comm Azli Mohd Noor said the victim received a WhatsApp message on Dec 16 last year from a male Indonesian client offering him a partnership in a share investment scheme. Drawn by the promise of lucrative returns, the businessman made 15 transactions totalling RM100,900 into 15 different accounts as instructed between Dec 17, 2025 and Jan 24. "Besides exhausting his savings, he also sold five motorcycles and borrowed money from friends and close relatives to finance the so-called investment today. Police have urged the public to remain cautious of investment offers that promise unusually high returns and to verify schemes before committing any funds.- Bernama
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 01:57 UTC
KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 15): Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) is offering a 20% discount for selected Electric Train Service (ETS) trips from Sunday (Feb 15) to Feb 22 in conjunction with the Chinese New Year celebrations and the start of Ramadan. KTMB, in a statement, said the offer covers all ETS travel sectors. Passengers can enjoy the discount by using the promo codes ETSANGPOW20 and ONGTRAIN20 for selected dates when purchasing tickets. Tickets can be purchased via the KITS mobile app, the official KTMB website, or KTMB kiosk machines at selected stations. For further information, the public can visit the official KTMB website or contact the KTMB call centre at 03-9779 1200.
Source:The Edge Markets
February 15, 2026 01:14 UTC
BERSATU president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has finally laid down the scalpel, having performed the radical political surgery he deemed necessary to preserve his authority over his party. The diagnosis he delivered to the party was absolute: a spreading malignancy identified as Team Hamzah. To Muhyiddin, this faction was no longer just a dissenting voice; it was an immense threat – a cancerous growth that had developed its own DNA, and that was operating independently of the party’s central nervous system.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 01:05 UTC
Meanwhile, Trump has amassed military forces in the region, raising fears of new military action. The United States sent two aircraft carriers to the region last year, when it carried out strikes against Iranian nuclear sites. However, June's "Midnight Hammer" operation was essentially a one-off US attack, with stealth bombers flying from the United States to strike Iranian nuclear facilities. Retaliatory Iranian strikes also increase the risk of a regional conflict. The same official said the United States fully expected Iran to retaliate, leading to back-and-forth strikes and reprisals over time.
Source:The Edge Markets
February 15, 2026 01:04 UTC
NIBONG TEBAL: The closure of pig farms in Selangor will not significantly affect the country’s supply of pork, says Agriculture and Food Security Deputy Minister Datuk Chan Foong Hin. He said the move would not have a major impact on the nation's pork self-sufficiency level (SSL), which currently stands at 65%. It was reported on Friday (Feb 13) that Selangor has ceased issuing new pig farming licences and is working to close existing farm sites in Tanjong Sepat. Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said the closure of these farms would be expedited in a joint effort with the state Veterinary Services Department. He said the decision was made during a recent state executive council meeting, in line with a decree by the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, that pig farms should not operate in any district in the state.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 00:25 UTC
KUALA LUMPUR: Sacked Bersatu deputy president Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainudin has declared his former leader Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as his “number one enemy”, saying that he is now a free man to continue his own political struggles. ALSO READ: Muhyiddin: I acted in good faith“And now my number one enemy is Tan Sri Muhyiddin,” he said yesterday after speaking at an event called “Reset” which was attended by Bersatu members and leaders from several party divisions. Hamzah, who is Larut MP, said he is now focused on his duty as Opposition Leader. Hear me out: Hamzah speaking to Bersatu members and leaders from several party divisions at the ‘Reset’ event in Kuala Lumpur. “What does that say for the support for Muhyiddin?” claimed Kiandee, who is Sabah Bersatu chief.
Source:The Star
February 15, 2026 00:05 UTC
Son tells a story of alleged heartbreak that led to mum’s deathKOTA KINABALU: Two days after a woman was found chopped into seven pieces, her son went on a TikTok broadcast telling a story of broken love, money for separation, harassment and brutal murder. The man claimed that his mother, whose body parts were found by garbage collectors, had ended her engagement with her then fiance and married another man. His mother married another man last month. The suspect claimed the victim had used his money during the engagement but they did not get married,” he added. Jauteh said an axe was likely used in the murder.
Source:The Star
February 14, 2026 23:43 UTC
PETALING JAYA: Bersatu is facing a significant leadership crisis following the resignation of associate wing chief Dr Chong Fat Full, who cited disappointment with party president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin. Dr Chong resigned on Friday (Feb 13) following the sacking of deputy president Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainuddin and 16 others. ALSO READ: Bersatu axes Hamzah, supportersFormer Senate president Tan Sri Rais Yatim, who heads a committee in the party, also stepped down. Speaking to The Star, Dr Chong said one third of the associate wing members would follow his lead in resigning from the party. I built up the associate wing and one third of the members now have said they intend to leave.
Source:The Star
February 14, 2026 22:46 UTC
KUANTAN: A married couple was killed after the car they were travelling in caught fire in a two-vehicle accident near Taman Tualang Indah petrol station in Temerloh near here, early Saturday (Feb 14) morning. Temerloh OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Nasyim Bahron said police received a call from a member of the public on the incident at about 12.55am. He said initial investigations found that the accident occurred when a car carrying the couple, aged 34 and 35 years old, respectively, from Kuala Lumpur heading towards Kuantan was hit from behind by a luxury sport utility vehicle (SUV). ACP Mohd Nasyim said post-mortem examinations on both victims will be conducted at the Forensic Unit of Hospital Temerloh Saturday, while the SUV driver has been remanded for four days until Feb 17 to assist in the investigation. The case is being investigated under Section 44(1)(b) of the Road Transport Act 1987 for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and causing death.
Source:The Star
February 14, 2026 21:53 UTC