UPDATE 2-Soccer-Milan banned from 2019-20 Europa League for FFP breach-CAS - News Summed Up

UPDATE 2-Soccer-Milan banned from 2019-20 Europa League for FFP breach-CAS


MILAN — AC Milan have voluntarily accepted a one-year ban from all European competitions for breaching UEFA’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, sport’s highest court CAS said on Friday. As a result, the seven-times European champions will not participate in the 2019-20 Europa League which they qualified for by finishing fifth in Serie A last season. “These losses and the associated violation of FFP rules, as a consequence of actions taken under previous ownership, led to sanctions by UEFA,” Milan said in a statement. UEFA said the referral was not connected to a previous case against Milan which saw the club banned and reprieved on appeal. Milan were given a one-season suspension from European football in June last year after UEFA ruled that the club had not complied with FFP rules for the previous monitoring period.


Source: National Post June 28, 2019 11:14 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */