Director general of health Dr Ashley Bloomfield confirmed this morning that no further positive Omicron cases connected to the person involved have been identified since yesterday. "I've got a high level of confidence," Bloomfield said on the ability of the variant remaining in MIQ. Bloomfield reiterated that people should not be worried about Omicron because it had been caught at the border. Bloomfield said evidence from cases overseas showed that the third booster jab was important in the fight against Omicron. "This virus is quite clearly not done with us yet.
Source: New Zealand Herald December 16, 2021 22:42 UTC