Firefighters say it could be up to four days before the blaze is extinguished, RNZ reports. In an update after midday the Nelson City Council said about 170 homes had been evacuated, the latest in the Pigeon Valley South area. Nelson Tasman Civil Defence group controller Roger Ball said anybody evacuating should take essential items, including food, water, clothing, medicines and pets. People have been evacuated from Eves Valley, Golden Hills Rd, Redwood Valley Rd, Mallings Rd and Greenacres Rd. Notices of potential evacuation are in place for top end of Sunrise Valley and Deep Dale Rd in Upper Moutere and Pigeon Valley.
Source: Otago Daily Times February 05, 2019 17:48 UTC