Trade Minister Todd McClay said New Zealand exports had been holding up well overall in the US market since the original 15 percent tariff was imposed. File photo: RNZMinister for Trade and Investment Todd McClay says considerable uncertainty is likely to remain with the latest moves in the US on tariffs. The US Supreme Court ruled the sweeping tariffs US President Donald Trump imposed on nearly every country were illegal. Trump has hit back, announcing a new 10 percent levy on global imports. McClay said New Zealand exports have been holding up well overall in the US market since the original 15 percent tariff was imposed.
Source: Otago Daily Times February 20, 2026 22:31 UTC