The search was conducted on land and in the water. Photo: ODTPolice say the search for two fishermen who went missing off rocks at Slope Point in Southland last month is "winding down". Detective Sergeant Dave Kennelly, SAR, Invercargill Police said today that 80 people conducted a coast line search between Waipapa Point and Waikawa Harbour yesterday. "Unfortunately the search was not successful and the decision has been made to withdraw the formal search teams." He said if new information surfaced police would follow up; however, Search and Rescue teams had been stood down as of today.
Source: Otago Daily Times February 08, 2019 00:45 UTC