As the Montreal area continues to be the Canadian epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, anyone showing symptoms of the virus is being asked to get tested. Last week, Quebec public health director Dr. Horacio Arruda said he hoped to reach a total of 14,000 tests per day in the province. Despite that, Arruda said he is still hopeful the province will be able to reach that goal in the coming days, as Montreal's new mobile testing sites start operating. According to Montreal public health director Dr. Mylène Drouin, they will be travelling between boroughs, with a special focus on areas that have less access to transportation. Drouin repeated calls for Montrealers to wear face coverings and masks when in public, especially in locations where physical distancing can be a challenge.
Source: CBC News May 08, 2020 19:07 UTC