TransLink is suspending the service reductions it planned for later this month and is rescinding layoff notices to around 1,500 employees. In a statement Friday, the transit authority said the previously announced service reductions beginning on May 18 will not go ahead. "People in Metro Vancouver can rest assured they will be able to get back to work," the statement said. Last month, TransLink announced widespread cuts to most modes of public transportation in Metro Vancouver in an effort to save money as it loses tens of millions each month due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On Friday, the province and TransLink said they are committed to ensuring transit service is available as B.C.
Source: CBC News May 08, 2020 18:02 UTC