more-inU.S. Defence Secretary James Mattis on Friday delayed a plan by former President Barack Obama’s administration to start accepting transgender recruits in the military, the Pentagon said. Last week, Ms. White explained that the different services were not in agreement on when to accept transgender recruits. “The service chiefs all had to give their what needed-to-be-done timeframes” for integrating transgender troops, she told reporters. “Different services had different takes. 2,500 to 7,000 peopleAn estimated 2,500 to 7,000 transgender people are among the 1.3 million active duty service members.
Source: The Hindu July 01, 2017 14:03 UTC