“It goes down deep into the roots sometimes and then pops up again in the summer,” he said. “That’s not unusual, so I think the forest service felt we will be out dealing with these fires until well into October. on Friday morning, with 16 evacuation orders affecting about 3,600 people, plus 39 evacuation alerts covering another 13,670 residents. The BC Wildfire Service said the blaze, sparked at the beginning of July near Ashcroft, was 50 per cent contained but recent scorching heat and gusty winds caused the fire to grow. The BC Conservation Service said its officers issued 37 tickets over the last week to people who violated the order.
Source: National Post September 01, 2017 18:09 UTC