No decision yet on ECRL’s bumiputera quota - News Summed Up

No decision yet on ECRL’s bumiputera quota


PUTRAJAYA: Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the government had yet to decide on imposing a bumiputera quota on the civil works that are reserved for local contractors in the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) project. He was commenting on reports that the Malaysian Bumiputera Contractors Association had called on the government to provide a special quota of at least 20% of the local work portion to bumiputera contractors. He also said there had been some proposals from the private sector on how to reduce the toll rates, but not to the extent of reducing the toll rates by 25%. “That is Tun Daim [Zainuddin]’s opinion, but we have yet to study how are we going to reduce the toll rates,” said Dr Mahathir. During other “normal” travelling hours, commuters will enjoy discounted rates of up to 30% compared with existing toll rates.


Source: The Edge Markets May 28, 2019 00:56 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */