Ministry of Health officials asked to take responsibility - News Summed Up

Ministry of Health officials asked to take responsibility


The Senate Health Committee, which is chaired by Dr Wilfred Machage, said Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu and Principal Secretary Nicholas Muraguri must appear before it to explain how the billions of shillings were paid irregularly to ghost companies and individuals. By DENNIS ODUNGAMore by this AuthorBy EUNICE KILONZOMore by this AuthorTop Ministry of Health officials were on Thursday asked to take responsibility over the loss of Sh5 billion, part of which was meant to fund free maternity services in public hospitals. The Senate Health Committee, which is chaired by Dr Wilfred Machage, said Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu and Principal Secretary Nicholas Muraguri must appear before it to explain how the billions of shillings were paid irregularly to ghost companies and individuals. Dr Mailu and Dr Muraguri, who had been summoned to appear before the Senate committee on Thursday, did not turn up, saying they had been given short notice. The ministry said the unaccounted for money was for motorbikes, bicycles and cash sent to support “the districts then”.


Source: Daily Nation October 27, 2016 21:53 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */