By BBCMore by this AuthorJUBASome 145 child soldiers fighting for two rebel groups in South Sudan have been released, Unicef has announced. The children were recruited by the Cobra Faction and the SPLA In Opposition, two armed groups fighting the government. Unicef said it was the largest release of child fighters since last year but warned that children were still being recruited by various groups. Mahimbo Mdoe, Unicef’s representative in South Sudan, urged all parties to “end the recruitment and to release children who are currently serving in their ranks”. Silva, 11-years-old, a freed child soldier, told BBC: “I have been fighting for more than two years.
Source: Daily Nation October 27, 2016 21:00 UTC