Massive Tasman fire 'sparked by farmer': reports - News Summed Up

Massive Tasman fire 'sparked by farmer': reports


A farmer ploughing his field yesterday afternoon allegedly sparked the massive scrub fire rampaging across the Nelson and Tasman regions. Civil Defence Minister Kris Faafoi said the Tasman blaze was a local state of emergency and 170 properties had been evacuated. West Coast MP Damien O'Connor said it was a real credit to emergency services that nobody had been injured. Faafoi wanted to thank Fire and Emergency NZ for their massive effort in battling the fire. By last night, the fire had spread over hundreds of hectares, causing residents to flee northern valleys, Redwood Valley and Eves Valley.


Source: Otago Daily Times February 06, 2019 02:48 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */