A hurdle for the Invercargill CBD development has been cleared, with a court case hanging over the project now settled. Invercargill Central Limited director Scott O’Donnell, formerly HWCP director, confirmed the case had been settled. Invercargill City Council chief executive Clare Hadley said the court proceedings had been discontinued with the consent of all parties. The decision by the court in January not to halt demolition meant any impact on the development was significantly reduced, she said. ‘’Council is pleased the matter has been withdrawn.’’The council’s costs from the court action had yet to be finalised, she said.
Source: Stuff July 28, 2020 04:52 UTC