Builders starting to see future workload tail off - News Summed Up

Builders starting to see future workload tail off


The first signs are emerging that building work will start to dry up next year, in line with broader economic predictions. Master Builders chief executive David Kelly said that because builders were completing work started before lockdown, the true economic impact of Covid-19 on the building sector was still to be felt. Auckland Master Builders president Tony Pexton, of TP Builders, said ironically, everyone he had spoken to seemed to be ''cranking it out'' at present. Kelly said he understood there was very high uptake of the first wage subsidy among builders, and they had been grateful for it. However, the majority of work being done by the builders surveyed – nearly two-thirds – was still new homes.


Source: Stuff July 24, 2020 21:56 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */