Health risk 'too high' to let Hamilton escapees attend funeral - Govt - News Summed Up

Health risk 'too high' to let Hamilton escapees attend funeral - Govt


The group of five escaped from the Distinction Hamilton hotel last night and had earlier applied to attend a relative's funeral in Auckland this afternoon. Webb said the funeral of the deceased family member is continuing this afternoon. The family living in the residence where the 17-year-old was apprehended have been asked to not attend the funeral too. Webb described the health risk as "low" however, and the residents of the Auckland home where the 17-year-old was apprehended were still free to attend the funeral if they chose to. The public interest is always "paramount" when judging whether n exemption to isolation is granted, Webb said.


Source: Otago Daily Times July 24, 2020 21:03 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */