BIXBY, Okla. — Four ex-football players at an Oklahoma high school were charged Thursday with the sexual assault of a teammate that prosecutors said wasn’t promptly reported. Ballard said Thursday that prosecutors are still investigating whether school officials took too long to tell police about the accusation. Investigators said the officials’ lag in reporting the assault may have jeopardized their ability to recover key evidence. A previously filed search warrant stated that some school officials may have tried to “not report the incident at all” — a misdemeanour under Oklahoma law. Investigators said a fifth player recorded the assault on a cellphone, and another blocked a door, according to the affidavit.
Source: National Post March 02, 2018 00:08 UTC