WASHINGTON—The White House pushed back Thursday against an MSNBC report that U.S. President Donald Trump is planning to imminently replace National Security Adviser H.R. National Security Council spokesperson Michael Anton said Trump called the report “fake news” in a meeting with McMaster Thursday and informed McMaster “that he is doing a great job.”The Thursday report suggested that McMaster will soon be replaced by Ford executive Stephen Biegun, who served in the George W. Bush administration. It said the replacement plan was drawn up by Defence Secretary James Mattis and chief of staff John Kelly. “There are no personnel announcements at this time.”Trump has repeatedly clashed with McMaster, a respected three-star general. Trump took to Twitter to push back on McMaster’s remarks at the Munich Security Summit last month.
Source: thestar March 02, 2018 00:00 UTC