WHO drops hydroxychloroquine trail over safety fears - News Summed Up

WHO drops hydroxychloroquine trail over safety fears


Anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine tablets. [Courtesy]Health & ScienceHydroxycholoroquine has been touted by Donald Trump and others as a possible treatment Covid-19The World Health Organization has suspended testing the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients due to safety concerns, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday. Hydroxycholoroquine has been touted by Donald Trump and others as a possible treatment for the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. “The executive group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity trial while the safety data is reviewed by the data safety monitoring board,” Tedros told an online briefing. Dr. Mike Ryan, head of the WHO emergencies programme, said the decision to suspend trials of hydroxychloroquine had been taken out of “an abundance of caution”.


Source: Standard Digital May 26, 2020 05:21 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */