Venezuelan government targets Guaido as some power returns - News Summed Up

Venezuelan government targets Guaido as some power returns


CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan officials reported blackouts easing in some areas Tuesday, while the chief prosecutor said opposition leader Juan Guaido is being investigated for allegedly sabotaging the national power grid, whose collapse last week has inflicted misery on millions. National Assembly President Juan Guaido, who declared himself interim president of Venezuela, arrives to lead a session of the opposition-controlled assembly in Caracas, Venezuela, Monday, March 11, 2019. An explosion rocked a power station Monday in the Venezuelan capital, witnesses said, adding to the crisis created by days of nationwide power cuts, while Guaido has blamed the blackouts that began Thursday on alleged government corruption and mismanagement. Saab, the chief prosecutor, said the case against Guaido also involves messages allegedly inciting people to rob and loot during power outages. Authorities also detained a Venezuelan journalist and activist and confiscated computers and cellphones from his home, human rights activists said.


Source: thestar March 12, 2019 13:54 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */