Velvetleaf battle still going on in the South - News Summed Up

Velvetleaf battle still going on in the South


The 55 properties infected with velvetleaf in Southland last year continue their battle with the pest, working with Environment Southland to develop farm management plans. In March last year, the first confirmed cases of velvetleaf in the South Island were notified to the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). Environment Southland senior biosecurity officer officer Randall Milne said the key thing in Southland's fight against velvetleaf had been catching the plants before they produced seeds. All properties which had been contaminated with velvetleaf had been working to develop individual farm management plans to continue the battle with the pest. It was a timely reminder to remain vigilant and keep an eye on fodder beet crops, Mr Milne said.


Source: Otago Daily Times April 19, 2017 18:22 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */