Most of the soldiers are in the Central African Republic, though there is a small contingent in South Sudan. Ankunda said Uganda had not yet considered the AU request to maintain its troops in Central African Republic. Uganda plans to withdraw troops involved in an operation to hunt down Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebels in Central African Republic by the end of this year, a military spokesman said on Friday. Uganda has 2,500 troops tracking the rebels, notorious for mutilating their victims and kidnapping children, and their leader Joseph Kony. In April, an organisation tracking the LRA said more than 200 people had been kidnapped in eastern Central African Republic since January.
Source: The Star June 10, 2016 14:02 UTC