(CNN) — A Houthi anti-ship ballistic missile struck a US-owned and operated cargo ship on Monday, US Central Command said in a statement. It came just days after a US-led coalition carried out strikes against the Iranian-backed rebel group in Yemen and warned more strikes were possible if the Houthi attacks continue. Earlier on Monday, the Houthis attempted to launch an anti-ship ballistic missile that failed in flight and crashed in Yemen, Central Command said. UK-based maritime security group Ambrey said that a total of three missiles were launched toward the Red Sea on Monday. On Friday, Sare’e said they would continue their aggression against commercial ships in the Red Sea.
Source: CNN January 15, 2024 23:16 UTC