Top doctors and some sports health professionals in Nova Scotia are questioning the sudden decision by provincial sports officials to ban rugby mid-season in the province's public high schools over safety concerns. "It is statistically impossible that there was only one concussion in all of Nova Scotia high school hockey last year," said Randall Price, who has worked with dozens of teams in a variety of sports over the past 20 years, including with her stepson's high school rugby and football teams. Robert Green is an emergency room doctor and medical director of Trauma Nova Scotia. Rugby teams from Eastern Shore District High School and Prince Andrew High School are shown at a match on Wednesday. Nova Scotia Rugby's acting technical director Jack Hanratty says it's "a tragedy" that the Nova Scotia School Athletic Federation has decided to cancel public school rugby games across the province due to safety concerns.
Source: CBC News May 03, 2019 15:57 UTC