SAO PAULO — The governor of Sao Paulo says two young men, wearing hoods and carrying several weapons, opened fire at a school in southern Brazil, killing eight people before taking their own lives. Wednesday’s shooting happened in a public school in Suzano, a suburb of Sao Paulo, Brazil’s largest city. Joao Doria says the two attackers were believed to be between 20 and 25 years old. Doria says the dead included two teachers and six students, and several more people had been hospitalized after sustaining injuries. Latin America’s largest nation has the largest number of annual homicides in the world, but school shootings are rare.
Source: National Post March 13, 2019 15:22 UTC