A teacher has been accused of professional misconduct over falsely representing his qualifications, teaching experience and registration status in numerous job applications to the Cork Education and Training Board three years ago. “My memory was not precise,” he told Cork ETB. However, Mr McKelvey said Mr Clancy seemed to have conflated interviews and forms he had filled out as part of the application process. The inquiry heard that Mr Clancy did not wish to participate in the hearing and he was not legally represented. The inquiry heard that Mr Clancy had also claimed in job applications to Cork ETB that he had been employed by a Cork language school for six months in 2022.
Source: Irish Examiner February 16, 2026 22:37 UTC