Strike will impede CBA talks, Magoha tells lecturers - News Summed Up

Strike will impede CBA talks, Magoha tells lecturers


By DAVID MUCHUNGUHMore by this AuthorEducation Cabinet Secretary George Magoha has warned lecturers that the government will not negotiate with them if they make good their threat to go on strike next week. There will be no strike ... we’ll not negotiate with a gun at the back of our heads,” Prof Magoha said on Monday as he revealed that he had earlier in the morning met two groups. While he did not give details, Prof Magoha said the government is “engaging positively” with the lecturers to avert the strike, which would paralyse learning in the public universities. Uasu officials Constantine Wasonga (secretary-general) and Muga K’Olale (chair) said they and others earlier held discussions with Prof Magoha and that they would meet again tomorrow. 'NO SENSE'Just before Prof Magoha issued the warning on Monday, the SRC cancelled a press briefing it had called at its headquarters at the last minute, citing “new developments”.


Source: Daily Nation January 13, 2020 15:45 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */