Photo: NZ HeraldA site for the new Dunedin hospital has been chosen and is being considered by the Cabinet, with a public announcement likely to be made next month. Pete Hodgson, chairman of the committee co-ordinating the rebuild, last night narrowed the area for the potential site of the new hospital to flat land, north of the Octagon and south of the existing hospital. Mr Hodgson has previously said the new hospital would be the biggest building in Dunedin's central business area, and that it might be spread over multiple sites rather than one large site. The group was set up three months ago by Mr Hodgson to assist in site selection and infrastructure planning. With its site selection work done, it yesterday turned its attention to how the new hospital would be heated, Mr Hodgson said.
Source: Otago Daily Times March 20, 2018 15:00 UTC