Shots fired, US Air Force base locked down - News Summed Up

Shots fired, US Air Force base locked down


Police stand guard at the entrance to the US Air Force base at RAF Mildenhall after the incident. Photo: ReutersUS military personnel fired shots on Monday as they stopped a man who tried to force his way into a British military base used by the US Air Force, in an incident that police said was not being treated as terrorism. The Mildenhall Royal Air Force base said security staff locked down the base, used by the United States military to refuel US and NATO aircraft in Europe, at about 1pm (local time) following reports of a disturbance. The US Air Force said the incident at the base, which is about 125km northeast of London, had been contained and the suspect had been apprehended. Police said they remained on the base but there was no threat to the base or local community.


Source: Otago Daily Times December 18, 2017 20:48 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */