Steve HallA building extension to increase Wakatipu High School’s capacity by 50% could start in a year’s time, principal Steve Hall says. Ministry head of education infrastructure service Kim Shannon said preliminary design work to "refine the school’s growth requirements" was completed last year. Although the extension had yet to be formally approved, detailed design and planning would proceed to "further inform budget requirements and the approach to delivery", Ms Shannon said. Despite the challenges of moving from its former site in Gorge Rd, the school had achieved its goal of maintaining the "great all-round education" it provided. Each year level had had "their place" for congregating and relaxing between classes at the old school, he said.
Source: Otago Daily Times February 08, 2019 15:33 UTC