KUCHING: Sarawak will tighten up the monitoring and screening process for travellers coming into the state in efforts to prevent an outbreak of the Wuhan novel coronavirus. To date, Sarawak has recorded 32 suspected coronavirus cases, with 24 tested negative while the remaining eight still pending, comprising six in Kuching and one each in Bintulu and Miri, he said. Uggah added that testing for the novel coronavirus had been conducted at the Sarawak General Hospital here following the purchase of blood test kits. Uggah said those suspected with coronavirus in the state are currently quarantined at the hospital, which can also accommodate a bigger group of people. Sarawak had barred a total of 16 people, comprising 13 Chinese nationals, two from Hong Kong and one Indonesian, from entering since Feb 1.
Source: New Strait Times February 04, 2020 06:11 UTC