Mr Knowles raised the issue again in February and a contractor was sent out to inspect the slump about three weeks ago. The hole had become something of a talking point for Mr Knowles and his neighbours. The crack in the road was symptomatic of neglect and the council needed to focus on the basics, Mr Knowles said. "We apologise to Mr Knowles," Mr Hogan said. A contractor was sent to assess the situation following Mr Knowles raising the issue again earlier this year, Mr Hogan confirmed.
Source: Otago Daily Times June 23, 2022 07:35 UTC