Although an overwhelming number of Rohingya refugees have crossed over to Bangladesh in nearly four weeks, none of the refugees have died of starvation in the camps so far, officials said on Wednesday. Shamsud Douza, additional commissioner at Cox’s Bazar-based Office of the Refugee Relief and Repatriation Commissioner (RRRC), made the remark during a divisional committee meeting in Chittagong. “Five teams from the Department of Public Health Engineering have been supplying drinking water to the refugee camps. Speaking at the meeting, Divisional Commissioner Mannan pointed out that misleading information regarding the Rohingya crisis was being circulated in the media, particularly on TV talk shows. The government has taken the side of the Rohingya refugees on humanitarian grounds,” he said.
Source: Dhaka Tribune September 20, 2017 15:33 UTC