COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Law enforcement officials on Monday said the gunman who killed one person and wounded 14 others at a Tennessee supermarket before killing himself had been asked to leave his job at the grocery store earlier that day. “He was a third-party vendor working inside Kroger and was asked to leave his job the morning of Thursday, September 23, 2021,” the release said. A spokesperson for Kroger did not immediately respond to an email query about why Thang was asked to leave his job. The Collierville store has remained closed since Thursday’s shooting but will continue to provide pay and other support to employees, the statement said. Police say Thang acted alone and did not appear to target anyone specifically.
Source: thestar September 27, 2021 22:07 UTC