Officials warn of 'compromised' fast track prison expansion - News Summed Up

Officials warn of 'compromised' fast track prison expansion


Photo: File imageA prison expansion is on such a fast track that it prompted officials to ask if compromises were being made. Corrections told RNZ it had accelerated the project "while still retaining checks and safeguards". Corrections Minister Mark Mitchell told RNZ the Gateway review "commended the department for active efforts to manage all risks". Double bunking: 'They're going to get angry'Corrections told RNZ the design had less internal communal space but an open-air courtyard instead. Mitchell told RNZ he had been assured Christchurch Men's was on schedule.


Source: Otago Daily Times February 16, 2026 00:13 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */