President Uhuru Kenyatta (PHOTO: Courtesy)NAIROBI, KENYA: Alcohol retailers have suffered a major blow in latest measures announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday to contain the spread of COVID-19. The president ordered the closure of bars until further notice and said no alcohol would be sold in restaurants and eateries for the next 30 days. President Uhuru urged Kenyans to be responsible and adhere to all protocols put in place by the Ministry of Health such as wearing masks, keeping social distance and sanitizing regularly. “We need to be serious by adhering to all the containment measures such as wearing masks, social distancing and frequent sanitising of hands,” he said. He said Covid-19 has so far affected 44 counties, claimed 280 lives with 17,603 Kenyans testing positive for the virus.
Source: Standard Digital July 27, 2020 14:16 UTC