'No plans' for Jussie Smollett's 'Empire' character to return as series is renewed, Fox says - News Summed Up

'No plans' for Jussie Smollett's 'Empire' character to return as series is renewed, Fox says


Fox Entertainment’s hit show “Empire” was officially picked up for a sixth season -- but without one of its controversial mainstays, Jussie Smollett. “By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett’s option for season six, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to ‘Empire,’” Fox Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV issued in a statement to Fox News on Tuesday. Smollett voluntarily forfeited his $10,000 bond, and Smollett's attorney, Patricia Brown-Holmes, said the funds would likely go to the city of Chicago. CHICAGO PD SUPERINTENDENT EDDIE JOHNSON, RAHM EMANUEL CALL JUSSIE SMOLLETT CHARGES BEING DROPPED 'WHITEWASH OF JUSTICE'Smollett, who has maintained his innocence, previously pleaded not guilty to all 16 counts against him. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPIt is unclear if Fox is holding off on a potential Smollett return until after his showdown with the City of Chicago.


Source: Fox News April 30, 2019 23:50 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */