News: PM Abiy says “no death due to starvation so far” as authorities in Tigray report 860 deaths from hunger - News Summed Up

News: PM Abiy says “no death due to starvation so far” as authorities in Tigray report 860 deaths from hunger


News: PM Abiy says “no death due to starvation so far” as authorities in Tigray report 860 deaths from hungerPrime Minister Abiy Ahmed addressing questions raised by legislators (Photo: ENA)Addis Abeba – In his parliamentary speech today, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed tackled mounting apprehensions concerning the repercussions of the prevailing drought across the nation. Officials in the Tigray region however, are reporting the death of over 860 individuals due to hunger in the past six months. Prime Minister Abiy indicated the presence of drought in specific regions, including Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, and the eastern part of the country. He reassured that the “current aid initiatives would persist in averting deaths due to hunger in the region,” urging the regional interim administration to allocate resources efficiently. Accusations have been flying as the Tigray Tigray interim administration decries federal government’s dismissal of famine emergency.


Source: Ethiopian News February 06, 2024 12:15 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */