- Denis Balibouse/ReutersNestlé said it would offload its remaining ice-cream business and pull back from a raft of brands as part of a broader plan to revive the packaged-food giant’s fortunes. As part of the overhaul, Nestlé said it planned to sell its remaining ice-cream operations to its Froneri joint venture, in which it keeps a 50% stake. Nestlé set up Froneri with private-equity firm PAI Partners in 2016 to house some of its ice-cream brands, including Häagen-Dazs. Unilever has spun off its ice-cream business, forming Magnum Ice Cream, while Keurig Dr Pepper plans to separate its coffee and beverage units. Nestlé had previously signaled that some of its business could be on the block, and launched strategic reviews of its vitamins and water units before Navratil took the helm.
Source: Wall Street Journal February 19, 2026 16:59 UTC