Nelson Mandela’s family voice dismay at funeral corruption claims - News Summed Up

Nelson Mandela’s family voice dismay at funeral corruption claims


South Africa’s anti-corruption watchdog said last week it had found evidence that millions of dollars disappeared during preparations for Mandela’s memorial and funeral. Mandela’s eldest grandson, Mandla, said on Wednesday that the family had reacted with “utter indignation and dismay” to the allegations. Busi Mkhwebane, South Africa’s public protector, said about 300m rand (£16.5m) of state funds intended for the memorial and funeral were misspent. The allegations of graft and mismanagement at Mandela’s funeral will reinforce the impression of widespread corruption within the party. Mandela’s long-serving personal assistant Zelda la Grange described the funeral planning process as “chaos” in a memoir published six months after his death.


Source: The Guardian December 14, 2017 18:26 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */