More than 300 dead, 600 missing in Sierra Leone mudslides - News Summed Up

More than 300 dead, 600 missing in Sierra Leone mudslides


Another 600 people are missing, the Red Cross said Tuesday, and the death toll is expected to rise. "I am the only one that has survived, as my house and dozens of others were covered with mud and boulders." Late Tuesday, Deveaux said that 297 bodies have been recovered so far, including 109 males, 83 females and 105 children. More than 300 bodies of men, women and children were brought there, and many were laid out on the floor. President Ernest Bai Koroma said Sierra Leone was in a state of grief and mourning, with many survivors still in shock.


Source: ABC News August 15, 2017 10:43 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */