More than 2,000 homes bulk purchased by ‘vulture funds’ since pledge to end practice – Doherty - News Summed Up

More than 2,000 homes bulk purchased by ‘vulture funds’ since pledge to end practice – Doherty


Photograph: iStockMore than 2,000 homes have been bulk purchased by investment and vulture funds since the Government announced it would end the sale of multiple units to funds or single buyers, the Dáil has heard. Sinn Féin finance spokesman Pearse Doherty called “for a ban on these funds snapping up family homes” and said most purchases by vulture funds were now second-hand properties. The Government’s approach has been to “significantly restrict bulk purchasing”, and “disincentivising bulk purchasing in favour of individual private home ownership”, he said. Doherty said 2,000 homes had been bulk purchased since 2021 “when these vultures snapped up a housing estate in Kildare” and “people’s blood was boiling”. “We are not indifferent to the impact of bulk purchasing,” and “sustained, practical and effective action has been taken”, he said.


Source: The Irish Times February 18, 2026 05:43 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */